Until free college education is available to NJ students, we pursue our passion to reduce and/or eliminate their college debt ratio for students who qualify for our program.
Donate below to support the Financial Discipline Award Program. No Donation is too small
501(c)3 Nonprofit Charitable Organization. Donations tax deductible.
Students (1st Graders - HS Seniors) Financial Discipline Award (FDA) Program!
$$$$$$$ WIN CASH TO PUT IN YOUR POCKET AND CASH FOR COLLEGE or TRADE SCHOOL EDUCATION $$$$$$ -
MUST HAVE A COLLEGE ACCOUNT by MARCH for earnings to be deposited
$$$$ Earnings Mailed Directly to Your College Account $$$$
FREE TO ALL STUDENTS. PARENTS WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE - REGISTRATION WINDOW: OCTOBER THRU NOVEMBER 15TH.
OR STUDENT CAPACITY REACHED FOR ALL WORKSHOPS
MEET & GREET DECEMBER 9TH 11AM TO 1:30 - STUDENTS COMPETE - FIN. LIT. GAME SHOW - WEST ORANGE HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY
Committee Vision: Compliment State Mandated Financial Literacy with CORESSWC's Discipline Award for students (1st graders - high school seniors)
How to Get Started
Registration Now through November 15th for 1st graders through high school Seniors. HS Juniors and Seniors also eligible to apply for Financial Readiness Academic Scholarship Award. Learn and earn cash award for meeting or exceeding the expectations of the FDA Program. Why engage your teens in the program flyer
- Teens help their family expense managing disciplines by:
- A. Student compete to earn cash for class performance :
- B. Participating and competing in the stock market game
- C. Paying themselves by depositing proceeds from birthday gifts, allowance or income earned into their 529 college account
- D. Meeting and/ or exceeding the expectations of all workshop exercises
- Kickoff – Saturday December 9th: Meet and Greet, Parents and Teens. Location: West Orange High School Library 51 Conforti Ave. West Orange, NJ 07052 Time: 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM
- Students and parents compete in Fin. Lit. Challenge Game Show - Cash Prize
- Existing teen members of the program can return but must influence the registration of another teen first
- Program Schedule - Every 3rd Saturday, Start Date – January 6th thru June 15th. ALL WORKSHOPS 11:00AM-1:00PM
- Workshop 1: January 6th,
- Workshop 2: February 17th,
- Workshop 3: March 16th,
- Workshop 4: April 20th,
- Workshop 5: May 18th,
- Workshop 6: June 15th,
- AWARD CEREMONY TBD 6:30PM - WEST ORANGE CITY HALL
- 80% of their cash award added to College account
- 20% petty cash to students
- HS Senior earning FDA SUMMA CUM LAUDE – $300, MAGNA CUMLAUDE $250 performers
Committee Mission: Measure Student's Financial Discipline Proficiency and Mobilize Community Leaders to encourage and support the program
Why Encourage Our Students To Register for Our Program
- To develop early reliable, responsible and accountable financial management disciplines.
- To participate in the management of the expenses that impact the household.
- To develop early savings planning
- To be a part of the decisions that will impact their financial readiness for the future.
- Parent/Guardian must register together with their children. To register, click here.
Award Commitment Agreement
- All students and Parents / Guardians must attend the Award Ceremony - location, date and time communicated at the end of the program
- Winners or their representative will be announced at the ceremony, if not in attendance cash prize will be awarded to the next runner up
- 529 education account opened in teens name with participating bank at the award ceremony
- Account with a minimum of 50% of the Cash award
- Parents consider receiving and posting CORESSWC'S I'm the proud parent of CORESSWC Teen FDA Winner or lawn sign
Winners: Terms and Conditions
- STUDENT/PARENT or A DELEGATE must be present to ACCEPT AWARD CERTIFICATE OR CASH AWARD FORFEITED
- DRESS CODE: BLACK & WHITE
Trophy to each student who successfully completes the program
To start the registration process, click on the FDA Application link here: